Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or relevant subjects
2+ years of relevant experience
- Perform data modeling, database design, master data management, and data profiling in a large-scale OLTP and OLAP database environments
- Identify strategies to meet application availability, scalability and performance requirements and areas of opportunity for optimizing the Oracle, MSSQL and Vertica environment
- Conduct performance trending and backups across multiple Database instances and create new accounts as required
- Manage patch deployments and upgrades following best practices and provide capacity planning expertise using Oracle's OEM Cloud Control
- Provide administration of development database environments including UAT, Processing, Development and QA based Oracle RAC database
- Perform security implementation in both OS and Database level of production servers ensuring several standard policies and compliances (HIPAA, SOX, PHI)
- Support the business to provide logistic support to Analytics, Production Engineers, Project Managers and Developers
- Working with a distributed team of IT and DBA resources to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all the database platforms are highly available, optimally configured and efficiently managed
- Maintain Production servers and minimize downtime and tuning performance of database instances
- Perform short and long-term system/database planning and analysis including capacity planning, storage performance, system performance and database performance using RMAN backup and recovery, Oracle 11gR2 and RAC production environments.
- Daily use of SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL, Performance tuning of Oracle and MS SQL along with installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance activities
- Maintain High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) of database systems.
Must Have Skills
- MSSQL 2008 R2/2012/2014 Database administration including installation and configuration including High Availability (HA) with always on availability clusters
- Backup Practice with minimum data loss in case of disaster and Point in Time Recovery
- Strong knowledge of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) with MDX, DMX and XMLA queries
- Knowledge of MSSQL Reporting services and Integration Services along with BIDS tools
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL with performance tuning and optimization
- HIPAA regulations and PCI standards within the U.S. healthcare data management industry
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c, ASM, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control, Data Pump, Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Directory Services, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control, PL/SQL
- Should have knowledge of Linux and Windows OS.
- Knowledge of Shell, Perl, bash, PowerShell and batch Scripting language
- Familiarity with Hadoop and its components YARN, MapReduce, and HDFS with knowledge of HBase and Hive databases, security administration, cluster administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and demonstrable capability in scripting, experience in writing Python/PowerShell/Bash and similar scripts; knowledge in Java is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
- Administer custom engineered Oracle EXADATA based Oracle Database software technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience of working in SCRUM/Agile team would be added value
- Persuasive in both written and verbal communication
- Strong Analytical Skills
- US Healthcare experience would be added value